Friday, January 21, 2011

What Ever I Want

When you are given an assignment to write about anything you want, just as long as it is something, the possibilities are seriously endless.  There is no end to the choices we have for writing.  As seeing that I have to write about something, I better start writing about something and not just nothing, but that might just be exactly what I write about.  Is there really such a thing as nothing?  Is there ever a time when nothing is going on?  Because, in essence there is all ways something and we are always doing something.

Now our instructor told us we could write on anything but it had to be something.  Well I would argue that as long as we wrote something, it would be about something and not nothing.  All words are something and not nothing.  So I argue that it is impossible to not write about something.  You can't write about nothing.  Except that I just did write about nothing, while in reality I did write about something.  It is just an endless cycle that will keep repeating itself.  If you write about nothing, which I just did, you are still writing about something.  It is a paradox.  Just a little something for everybody to think about and I would argue that I did complete this blog assignment and even though, against Chris's instructions, I wrote about nothing but still wrote about something. :) There is always Something in Nothing.

2 comments:

  1. There is also a spiritual aspect to this. Through Christ, something can be made out of nothing. We who are nothing are made into something through the Atonement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good point you made. I was very impressed. haha.
    -A.M.

    ReplyDelete