Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Beginning of a Beautiful Paper

Well, the issue I want to talk about is kind of based on the degradation of society today.  I want to talk about how the art of dance can help bring a bit of class back into the world and how all BYU students should be required to take at least one dance class in their college career.  Over the last few years, society has taken a drop in the way people interact with each other and most people seem to have no class.  I believe that learning to do a formal style of dance can help bring us up a bit.

I realize that maybe a lot of people don't like to dance and don't think they can dance, but I still think that just the process of learning to dance, no matter how good you become, can bring a more classy style to how we act.  Some people might think that it is an infringement on their rights, but when you think of the benefits, such as all the girls being impressed with the guys and the guys finding the girls more attractive, who would believe that that was an infringement.  Also, BYU has the biggest and one of the best ballroom dance programs in the world.

 BYU Ballroom Dance

So really there is no reason not to take a dance class anyway but still, i think it should be a requirement.

6 comments:

  1. Andrew,

    I think your topic is unique and interesting, and sure to be a great read. I just found it funny because my paper is probably going to be arguing that general education classes shouldn't be required at BYU, so in effect, we are kind of arguing opposite viewpoints haha. Good luck bro.

    jcm

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really funny. Now i am interested in reading your paper. This will be interesting. I wish you luck also.

    AEB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Ballroom Dance! This will definitely be an interesting paper, Andrew (at least to me!). Are you going to focus specifically on Ballroom Dance, or other forms as well? I think there's a lot to be said for this argument--physical fitness, well-roundedness, rhythm and learning to work with a partner, sociality, etc. Be thinking about potential counterarguments as well (Connor's blog might be a good place to start!).

    -cbh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this will make a great paper. I don't think people should complain about having to take a dance class especially since we HAVE to take a writing class and American Heritage. I think dancing could boost self esteem because they'd feel "classy" and beautiful. All in all, good topic I think it'll be great.
    -candace

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really intersting! I think that a ballroom class or whatever would really boost someones self esteem and also make them more sociable! I want to take a dance class now!

    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the ideas. They have really helped in formulating my paper.

    AEB

    ReplyDelete